I sat in church on Sunday morning in Asheville with my husband beside me, along with some very some dear friends who have been walking this life with me for something like 8 years. My husband and I are contemplating on whether or not we will move to the area of Asheville. The weekend away showed me a few things about myself. Lately I have been repeating a promise that God says--"Never will I leave you, nor will I forsake you." And I wasn't quite sure why I kept repeating it...until now. Switch back to me sitting in church, jotting down sideways notes on the church bulletin. I wrote, "Jesus, you will meet us in our future. You are already there." I think I am afraid of a move because I teeter a lot on being lonely. Yes, I have Ess Gee, but, yes, I also know what it's like to start over again in a new town, new home, new job, new church, new friend's. Loneliness often times comes with new. And I have felt disconnected for quite awhile now living in Raleigh, so to go do some more disconnection in hopes to connect is cause for my timidity. I also forget how comfortable I have become with our lives' schedule until you think about taking it apart. Ess Gee works Monday through Friday, weekend's mostly off. I work part-time, my employers completely flexible with a schedule that I make. This will change. Wednesday nights have been bible study with friend's I have been doing this with for the past nine years. This will change. I have to get my mind around being uncomfortable for a little while. I have to get my mind around having to work out muscles that I haven't had to use in awhile. And that's where that repeating verse comes in. Jesus will be in that future place where I am uncomfortable and where I am lonely. He was there when I moved to North Carolina nine years ago and when I moved to Raleigh three and half years ago. He will be there in all that silence of a future I have no clue as to how to fill or how it will be filled.
He goes where we go. It's that God with us thing again.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment