Friday, June 25, 2010
Because of you, SDD.
This topic might be too much for one blog post, but it is something that I haven't thought about for awhile, and I have been thinking about it more often because it's nearer to me than it has been in a really long time, so I'll write. It's death. Dying. I can't tell you the last time I thought about dying, really dying. It's just something I keep at arms length, but it's not at arms length anymore. A dearest friend of mine, who is my family, her father is dying, and this is why I am thinking of death. She has been thinking about it for miles and miles now. She has been talking with other friend's whose father's have died, and she said that two of these friends have asked this question separate from one another, "Why is it that we have such a great man, a great father, and he dies far too young, and then you have these real jerks on the earth living without a concern until what seems like eternity?" The reason why is this: Death does not operate on either/or scenarios. Death does not standby and say, "It's either this great dad, or this jack@ss." Death is not choosy, he just chooses. He does not operate with a mind of fairness. His bottom line is this...we all go. However that is to look for each one of us is however that is to look, but death does not concern himself with who is great, deserving, unworthy, of no value, a favorite. That's a dog chasing its tail kind of question. Sometimes those "why" questions are. I'd like to wrap this post up with something about Jesus, but nothing is coming to me right now, so I'll leave you with a question and a thought that I do think about often, and that is: At the far end of my life, where would I have wanted to spend my time? Would I have wanted all those journal pages to be designated to writing about those five extra pounds I couldn't get rid of? Would I have wanted good space to be wasted on things that in the big scale do not matter? Love somebody well. Serve somebody well. Let someone know that you super think they are great. Bake your hubbie a cheesecake because it's his favorite. Send your friend pretty earrings because it's simply sweet. Tell your dad you celebrate him and that you have for umpteen years. Go matter to someone. Let someone matter to you. Commit to the things that matter. Do it for life. Do it for life. Do it for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment