This is going to sound incredibly sacrilegious of me, but Thanksgiving Day food, I really could exchange for something else. I do not get wrapped up in turkey and stuffing (dressing in the South), cranberry anything's, fresh made rolls (even adding "fresh made" doesn't make me think they are the cat's meow), pumpkin pie... nada...um, yeh, I know. I feel majorly rude against our traditions as an eating American.
But I wanna make up for that, because I said to my husband after I made the above announcement, that if I had a favorite holiday meal, it would be on the Fourth of July. Ha Ha, super American on that one, huh!!
Give me a good burger, some potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon and I'm in!!!
And my favorite dessert on any given holiday (?)...that would be my birthday:-). It's not a national holiday, but a little independent one (and any one who knows me knows that I care about little independent things), and that would be a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
I'm sure some of this food-preference is my Mid-Westerner coming out in my taste buds...it is the stuff I grew up on, but also give me Lamb Vindaloo and Naan or Sushi with tons of wasabi and call it Thanksgiving and we are good to go!!!
Monday, December 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment