2014

2014

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Just a little something...

I have heard that God is a gentleman.  I have heard that he is a still, small voice.  I think God is who he needs to be to the person he is with-that is why he has given us his so many names.  I do think he is present, even when you think he is not. He calls himself Emmanuel: the God with us.  And if I pay attention, I catch him being God.

  On a drive up to Boston, the car in front of me, their license plate:  ELSHADAI.  A name God calls himself meaning God Almighty.

  While walking through Salem Massachusetts, tons of people all around, streets almost too crowded to walk through, "Amazing Grace" sings through the air by only a few voices.

  At the post office, over the counter, stuck on a cubicle wall, with many notes, in the middle of "Is there anything liquid, fragile, or perishable?"  I read, Be still and know that I am God.

  One car's bumper sticker, one word, Jesus.

Another license plate: 6:8MICAH, translates to "He has shown you what is good:  And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"

It's really very sweet and I really kinda like it.










No comments:

Post a Comment