I am not sure where Outside Magazine gets their information, but in its October 2013 edition it states in an article addressing 0 to 20 year old people "most of the habits we establish before age 19 we carry with us through life".
I thought this was super interesting. It made me think of belief systems we may have established before 19, habits of thoughts about ourselves, God, our families, or habits we formed with exercise or eating or with friendships or pressing on the gas in our mom's minivan.
Let's see--I habitually exercised then, be it running for track in 9th grade or playing volleyball sophomore and junior year in high school, or jumping on our huge trampoline in the backyard or swimming in our pool or skiing and hiking...I still exercise now. I wrote a lot in my journal (since 6th grade and maybe earlier, I just didn't save the journals before then), I still write now.
I'm sure I could think on this some more and most likely will, but I'd thought I'd throw it out there. It might bring some clarity as to why you may think and/or do the things you do--it coulda been a habitual thought/word/deed when you were somewhere between 0 to 19:-).
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, fascinating.... Ericka! Being the goofy friend that I am, this is the first time in a long time I've read your blog... is there some way you (OR I) can set up things to know when you've posted a new entry??? I will try to look into that... as you have such wonderful insights, reflections, poignant experiences to share!
ReplyDelete