2014

2014

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Numbers and Time.

Where I am from it's 7:33am. Where I am located now, it is 5:33am. Where I am going today, it's simply 4:33am.



I am driving to my mother's home today. From Phoenix to San Diego. We have been staying with my sister-in-law and her husband here in AZ. Here I have given myself permission to fall asleep at 8pm their time. I have given myself permission to not go with them to drop my mother-in-law off at her home after sharing in last night's supper, but to stay home and read instead. I have done minimal people pleasing, and a lot of listening to what it is that I might need at this moment. Let me tell you...I have enjoyed myself more than ever by doing this, and I think it's nice when people get to know the tired, introverted me as well as the one that is awake and on. I am going to know this family for a long time, so to put on false fronts, well, that would be too much effort.



I haven't seen my mother in a year and seven months. And I do not remember if at anytime in my life I have ever been away from her for so long. I cannot wait to be in her home and wear her slippers and sit with her on the sofa in the morning, drinking decaf...all before everyone is up. I haven't seen my siblings in the same amount of time, as well as my niece's. I have missed them. Our last gathering was over my mother's father's death. This time we will have an early Thanksgiving together, along with family pictures. It will be two full days together.



I think Ess Gee and I should start driving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment