2014

2014

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Like/Love Lists.

I don't think I've sat down and just wrote out the things I like/love in such a very long time. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I might as well begin.

I love Anne Lamott. She is a cheerleader, although most likely every bit of her would cringe at being compared to one.

I like this qoute by Sally Fields when she was talking about being on stage during her high school years...she said, "Here is where I lost myself and found me." I think North Carolina has been my stage.

I love the rebelliousness of leaves. Yesterday when I was mowing the lawn, the lawn mower went over leaf after leaf, grinding them up underneath itself, unrecognizable...and then out of the corner of my eye, there falls another one right into the path I just cleared. It made me smile. They never give up.

I love my nieces. One is a songwriter, complete with the written phonetics of her hummings. Daaah dah da, da, dahhh. The other would charm a fly to a swatter.

I love little girls who hold on to you as you leave and do not want to let you go, who give you colored paper turkey's to hang on your refrigerator.

I love a little boy who admires the soldier that your husband is, showing every army fatique item that he is very proud of.

I love friends that stick out EVERY eetie, bittie thing with you throughout many, many years, and still like you and still like your family. That's grace, man. There's no other way to explain that one.

I love prayers that end with, "and the bottomline, no matter what, may we love and serve one another well, despite any circumstance. Let me know that on my end, I-loved-well."

I love husband's that still really want you to come to the company's Thanksgiving Day Potluck luncheon...he likes my company...HOW GREAT IS THAT?!?! I know, I know, a husband should like their wife's company, but it still tickles me that he does.

I love friend's that miss me, because I miss them back.

Now go write your own list. You'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment