2014

2014

Monday, February 15, 2010

Winning come's in 3's...

I don't know if you know this or not, but all good things come in three's. I'm not sure where I get this from. My grandmother on my mother's side has some funny superstitions, so maybe I've picked this idea up from her, I'm not sure. Grandma M., we'll call her, has said some strange things, like if a knife falls on the ground and points towards you, and you are a woman, you're gonna be the next one pregnant. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, say, if you're like a 75 year old woman and the knife points towards you, or what happens to you if you're a man...no clue. She's italian and Catholic, so she'd probably give you some vino and do the sign of the cross over you all while underneath her breath she's calling on Jesu Cristo. In any case, all good things come in three's, and I'm waiting for my #3. My first win was with our local newspaper The News and Observer. We subscribe and I was able to submit my name to win two tickets to see Loggins&Messina...this is Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina (www.logginsandmessina.com)..eeeyow!!! I won! Absolute freakout on my end, because I grew up singing House at Pooh Corner, Your Mama Don't Dance, Danny's Song. And then I have a friend who also writes a blog and it was her blog's 200th entry, so she was having a drawing to win an 8 by 10 letter press qoute in pretty pink and gray, and my name was randomly drawn!!!! That was maybe a month ago...and I eagerly await to name drop, apply, submit, enter anything that catches my fancy that may soon be my hysterical, wonderful #3! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment