2014

2014

Monday, February 8, 2010

Friday Grocery Store Observances

I've noticed more and more men. Over these past six month's of grocery shopping every other Friday, mid-morning's, I've noticed more father's, more couple's, more families, more solo gentlemen standing, pushing, hauling, debating, choosing food item after food item at our local SuperTarget. And I wonder why they are there. It's the strangest thing to measure your economy by how many men may shop at SuperTarget at 10:30am on a Friday, but I have a funny feeling we can.
Disclaimer: Not that I don't leave room for those who do not hold traditional 9 to 5, Monday thru Friday jobs...of course(!) there are many of those types of jobs out there, and not that I don't leave room for non-traditional families,couples, father's...of course (!) there are many different types of scenario's out there, but I'm just making commentary for a simple observance.

2 comments:

  1. I was shopping last week, and brushed by an older man who commented to the woman in front of me that "This women's work is hard!" I kind of snorted in a sarcastic way...and hope he heard! But I noticed more fathers and older men shopping last week than normal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need for a disclaimer. I got you.

    ReplyDelete