Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Free+Road Trip+Memory Lane=Happy
Groupon and I are going on a 20 minute road trip today to a place called Northern Raleigh:-). I was able to fandangle a 30.00 gift certificate to a place called Red Mill General Store (never heard of it until today on Groupon.com) for FREE! 30.00 for free! While I have never been to this General Store, I must admit I have a thing for them. It very well could be by Michigan upbringing, because not far down the road from the house I grew up in, was a general store. I lived on a pig farm. My father wasn't a farmer, we just rented the house from one. So this general store had the sweetest smell of grains and a reasonable stock of feed equipment, BUT it also had pop and gum:-). And while I do forsee myself visiting the Red Mill General Store today and picking up an outdoor thermometer, along with some bird seed, I might just have to pick up some pop and gum, too, for old-times sake! Yeah (!) for the simple things!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment