2014

2014

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A bit of a revelation...maybe.

My mother is a very gifted woman.  She can set a table, host a party, decorate a house, plan a wedding, cook a meal that rivals the very best of 'em.  I grew up with our home being the home to go to for baptism's, cookout's, bon voyage's, birthday parties, etc..  But while party hosting, be it small or large, is a great talent for my mother, I wonder if she didn't feel a little pressure in this.  I say this because I was thinking of how I can set a table, host a party, decorate a house, plan a wedding, maybe not cook a meal, but I can pull the rest off with relative success, but not without some pressure.  I can do it, I've got skills and the eye and the creativity, but I know some of the pressure I feel is comparing it to my mother's abilities.  Now, I know I shouldn't compare, so I'll move on from that.  I just know that I have never asked my mother how she felt about doing allllllllll of that.  I always think she's not phased, smooth as a cucumber, no big deal, but I wonder if she doesn't feel a little of what I feel when I throw or host something.  Maybe she too gets a little nervous or wants it to be just right or feels a little perfectionism in it, too.  I don't know.  Maybe she is fine.  But I've always assumed one thing, when maybe she's a little more like me than I realize.  I know we both enjoy doing these things.  I just know I have a little trepidation:-).  I guess I'm just gonna have to ask her.

No comments:

Post a Comment