2014

2014

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A wonderful act of love.

I went on a prayer walk in a lovely neighborhood today.  My husband and I have been dealing with lots of difficulties regarding his job lately and he was going to be speaking with his boss at the same time I went to walking.  So I prayed for him at this time, and I had other friend's also pray for him.  As I walked along I quickly crossed the street when I saw a blooming bush full of lilacs.  I grew up with two huge lilac bushes in our yard in Michigan.  My dad's girlfriend's daughter and I would play "house" underneath their bending limbs.  I was immediately sent back there when I inhaled their scent. I wept and stood there a little while.  These are some of my favorite flowers, and I knew God was listening.  As I began to walk on, a woman in a wheelchair pushed open the front door of her house and called out to me (these lilac bushes where hers) and said, "If you'd like to cut some, you may.  I have an even bigger bush in the backyard and my son just cut me some for a vase, so there's plenty.  Take some!"  I had no idea that she had been watching.  I thanked her with a shaky voice of gratitude and broke off two small branches for myself.  I held this bouquet close to my chest like I was a bride so I could smell them as I walked.  I told myself that I would give them away to bless someone, because I simply had been so surprised and blessed.  So further along on my walk, I see two women, what seemed to be a mother and daughter, at a bus stop.  The older woman starts speaking very expressively in spanish while looking at my bouquet, and she says to me, "They are beautiful."  I said to her, "They are yours."  The young woman looked at the older woman's face and took in the delight.  I hear the woman with the flowers now in her hand say to me as I walk away, "Thank you. Thank you!"
  God has been speaking to me a lot about generousity lately.  I hope to listen well.  He listens well to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment