Friday, July 9, 2010
Um, yeh, strange.
Honestly, I was just there to buy some dried fruit, gum, and a non-alcoholic sparkling beverage, and the cashier asked if I had seen on television the prosthetic feet that they popped into the bones of a footless cat. She went on to say (as I shook my head, "no") that she was really interested in orthopedics because she was there when her now ex-husband lost a leg, and then was fitted for an orthopedic one. The woman who was in front of me, who should have left by now, started in on a summer camp she and her partner were going to attend on orthopedics. She said, all the human doctor's are getting into animal orthopedics, you know, taking on this cause for animals. I came home to tell my husband of this screwy conversation, and he proceeds to talk about his own grandfather who had a wooden leg. I was like WHAT? Who has a grandfather with a wooden leg anymore??? He then went on to say that his grandfather's knee fit into a perfectly carved out bowl created at the top of the wooden stump, to which his grandpa would place his knee and then strap it into with straps that were screwed into the stump. Oh, my gosh, I am so glad that times they are a' changin'. We got cats with better orthopedics than our grandfather's had. My, oh, my, oh, my, oh, my.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment