It has been one month today since I had last posted. I am not quite sure what I will write here, but I do feel the need for it.
For Lent this year I decided to set aside 10 minutes everyday for God and I to spend intentionally with each one another. We can do whatever. Sing. Dance. Listen. Pray. Laugh. Read. Drive. Paint. Rest. But it's intentionally together. He's great, because he's always down with this. His daughter on the other hand is usually not so intentional. For every day that passes in this Lenten Season I will add one more minute to each day to the time I sit with God. It's not such a big sacrifice, one could hope for more, but it's a little and that's something. A friend of mine introduced to me a long time ago a website called www.pray-as-you-go.org. I have used this beautiful tool twice during these time. On this site is a calender and every day of the calender holds a scripture reading, a question, sometimes a song, and a time of meditation. All done in a British accent, so it feel especially holy;-).
As I sat there listening, meditating, I asked that the lifeblood of God would fill my veins. I sat there being myself...no great expectations, just me with all my life. He sat there, simply being himself and in those moments it was more than I could hope for. It was good. All of it. And God wants to do this with me and in me so much more.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment