2014

2014

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Self-care in a funny and fun way.

I just did something that I have been wanting to do for the past three years and had yet to do it.  It's going to sound ridiculous, but I finally put up mini-blinds in our main bathroom.  Now, we have had a sheer white curtain up in there since the weekend we moved in, and while our backyard is seemingly really private, it still is a sheer white curtain.  So today, I put up some blinds.  And three weeks ago I put up a curtain on our windowed kitchen door---another thing that had been bugging me since we had moved in.  (Obviously not bugged me enough, right?) I say this a lot to those who see me regularly, "You never know how much things have bothered you until you answer them/until you fix them/until you do them", because I feel sooo relieved that those blinds and curtains are up.  The cocoon coziness of my house has just been raised 10 fold.
  The reason I even bother with the blog today is this:  This week the challenge is to go do something that has been on your plate to do for a long time and do it.  On any level.  Be it you've wanted a pedicure, but hadn't wanted to fork out the money for the past three years to do it...well, today is your day.  Have you been wanting to go check out the new Contemporary Art museum downtown?  Yep, get on your way.  Your bathroom really needs a new paint color--grab a roll brush.  Start saving for that cruise.  Submit that college application, volunteer at the animal shelter, try out that new church.  You will never feel as good as you will in having it done! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, sister, and getting stuff done FINALLY. Feels good. :)

    ReplyDelete