2014

2014

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Seek and You will Find.

I have been on this strange kick lately in regards to maturity. Something different is going on in this 35 year old woman's head, and I can't quite put my finger on the pulse of it. It's essentially this: The good techniques I learned, and the tools I utilized when I was younger (even by only a few years) were GREAT for the decisions I made then or the way I lived my life then, BUT those great tools are not enough, or it, for the me of right now.


I grew up in a home that laid things out pretty black and white, and through time I got the grey's, I've understood them, I've related to them, but at this age, I feel this need to say, "Yeh, that one thing is not right, and not only is it not right by me, it's not right, period." In some ways I have done a disservice to myself when I let some things go left unsaid. I do a disservice to my faith and to the super great God I love. I think, at times, I've confused being good/nice, with not speaking up, and I am tired of the confusion because then I cannot be myself, and I get lost. I want to be found.


I was talking with a friend of mine who says that the world, at one time, needed wars, almost commanded them--for those here on the planet were not mature enough in their spiritual development to get to where they needed to be without them. He says now we are further along in our emotional, mental development as a people that we have to choose a different way to solve problems. He also said that what we have accomplished over the past 50 years technologically, has been the most this world has ever seen. And while we have come a long way from where we have been, we now have to catch up our spirits to our great creative technical minds...and hopefully, bypass them. He asked me a good question after we talked more about this subject...he said, "Are we growing spiritually?" And I want to answer, "Yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment