1. An all ready piece of sliced chocolate cake with chocolate icing purchased at any grocery store, and then eaten in the car:-).
2. When I need to take a break from books like The Attentive Life by Leighton Ford or The Liar's Club by Mary Karr I read John Grisham anything.
3. Stationary, particularly postcards. Be it purchased on-line, found in thrift stores, found in catalogs, seen in bookstores, if I like it, I buy it.
4. Ribbon, especially for parties. I tie bows around pitcher handles, the stem of any lamp, hand towel rings, vases, and cloth napkins.
5. Country roads. Somedays I do not care that to fill up my tank it takes a full day's wages, I need a country road---even if it is the long way home.
6. Naps. Around 3pm. One hour perfection.
7. Pajamas, worn, all day.
8. A year long House Beautiful magazine subscription. I LOVE the interviews held with the architects and interior designers--What inspired them? How did they bring the vision to surface? How did they interpret their clients desires into something to live in? All of it, I love it!
9. Modernist Houses, touring them, all throughout North Carolina. I am soon to become a member of www.trianglemodernisthouses.com. I have travelled quite a few times over an hour to take part in photo cataloguing these homes. It's just one way to preserve these amazing works of light and art.
10. An occasional season of The Bachelor. Not so much The Bachelorette, but The Bachelor. I think women are much more interesting and horrifically entertaining to watch cooped up in a house together, then a bunch of guy hard bodies walking around bumping into each other.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great list!
ReplyDelete