2014

2014

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Challenge of Being Uncomfortable

I used to hold my life together by the mantra, "I don't make goals. Life happens and they are never reached." This can be a pretty destructive mantra, but I must admit I decorated it well with "free-spirit", "personality" and "living life in the present"! It's now safe to say, growing up and owning up has done a fair job of shoving that mantra off a cliff, but I do recognize ways in which my life hides behind those words still. While I would like to think that I am still free-spirited, playful, spontanious, adventuresome, I do need to implement a friend of mine's phrase, "A little bit of structure can give someone a whole lotta freedom."
This weekend my hubbie has gone camping with the Army. Today, Saturday, and Sunday I do not have to work my regular job, but I do need to work on my life. While I love the couple that I work for, I hate the distance. (See! It's me with that distant/nearness thing again!) I need to spruce up the resume and send out the line to see if I can catch some more local jobs. The tediousness of this task will gratefully be accompanied with loud music playing and dance breaks, working on poetry, windows opened, a long walk, and a really cushiony seat. I started the day in prayer though. First lying on the sofa, then on my knees in the TV room, then on my feet in the TV room. I needed this outpouring for my friend's, my family, myself before I got on the horse of the day. And I have a funny, funny feeling that this day, this weekend, is gonna turn out better than I have imagined. More to come. Always more to come.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be in Virginia this weekend, but I'll be thinking of you up on that horse - showing it how it's done!!

    ReplyDelete