2014

2014

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I will be so presumptuous.

I wasn't sure how to write about this. I wasn't sure if I could make this come across the way I wished for it to, but I thought I'd give it a try.
I was with a friend the other day and we were talking about ways in which we remind ourselves we are loved and cared for by God. Those words--loved and cared for--feel like they fall flat, even when I write them next to the name of God, particularly when I write them next to the name of God. They can sound deflated for lots and lots of reasons and experiences--overuse, disbelief, tragic sorrows, abuse, manipulation, shame, pain, etc., etc.. But when talking with this friend about grace, about forgiveness, about freedom (again, all words that can come unfortunately prepackaged) I felt myself gaining momentum on who God really is. [He might chuckle even as I write that.] I started telling my friend that I really think God is anxious for us to discover delights. He really is on his tippy-toes, saying to himself, "Oh, they are getting it! They are almost there!" And his hands are waving in front of his chest, excited for us to know him as he is. While I think God is patient with us, I do believe he is eager for us to get through things, so we can get to the sweet stuff of the otherside. He is with us in all processes. He is with us when we are the ones who cause our own undoing's. He is with us when someone or something causes them for us. But he LOVES it when we turn the corner's of our hardships and find rest and joy and peace and him on the otherside.

No comments:

Post a Comment