The post subject sounds like a title of a covert/not-so-covert romance novel written in the 50's:-). Not to worry, it's nothing close.
The woman I am now working with is a bright, creative, funny one. I will call her Maggie.
Here are a few suggestions Maggie has offered to me in the past couple of days:
It goes like this--
She says, "Do you like waffles?"
"Yes, I do."
"Do you have a waffle maker? Did you get a waffle maker for your wedding?"
"I do not and I did not."
"Well, for Valentine's Day you should get a heart-shaped waffle maker for you and your husband."
"Not a bad idea:-)."
Or it goes like this--
She says, "What do you have on your walls?"
I say, "Only art, no family pictures."
She says, "Well, you should get a blank canvas, two fern fronds, and three different colors of paint. Paint the canvas one color and dip the fern fronds into the two remaining colors of paint. Press the ferns onto the canvas, leaving their print, and then you have a nice piece of art."
"Not a bad idea:-)."
Or like this--
(Her husband worked for a major airline before he retired.)
She says, "Take this section of the newspaper home after I am done reading it:-) and let your husband see this job opportunity. It's a paid training position for an airline mechanic." (She knows my husband is a Maintenance Manager of an apartment complex. I'm sure that position could translate.)
I say, "Not a bad idea:-)."
It's nearly everyday I work that I get a Maggie Suggestion. It's almost like a desk calender:-).
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She sounds fun. :)
ReplyDelete