If you are like me, you have a slew of CD cases tucked into storage with all the music burned onto your ipod/laptop/computer. And then all the actual CD's are in the CD travel case or in our case, CD travel cases:-). I was looking online for creative ways to use these plastic cases--and while some ideas were cute, ie., using them as picture frames, or travel cases for your necklaces, or desk calender holders, most ideas were more about the storage than the actual usage of the plastic case itself. I don't want more things in storage, however awesome the Danish, Teak-wood, mid-century modern shelf might be:-). So, I found this instead: the cd recycling center site. Because of the kind of plastic cd cases are made out of, they need to be recycled at places other than our typical run-of-the-mill recycling centers in the city in which you live.
I found out North Carolinian's can send their cd cases up to New Hampshire. No fee required, but you pay for the shipping. (You can make a donation on their site if you'd like though!)
Address is: The CD Recycling Center
CD Recycling Center of America
68E Stiles Road
Salem, NH 03079
When sending your shipment, put a slip of paper in the box with this Recycling Center address on it. I think they refer to this as their packing slip. And then send the box filled with CD cases up to the same address!
If you don't live in this state, use their site to see where you might send your recyclables and then send away!! It will feel great!!!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this!
ReplyDelete