2014

2014

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh, I am so not even lying.

My husband and I will be travelling to Ireland come March!  Whoohoo!  One of the stops on the map is Cork City.  While I was looking through Frommer's at the list of attractions to visit in Cork, I see the usual Blarney Castle and Stone, but all of a sudden my eyes stop.  Cork Butter Museum.  It could be the baker in me, but I knew right then and there that we would be paying the 4 euros to visit inside! (My poor husband:-)!)  Turns out that Cork was the chief producer and exporter of salted butter in the world (what!?) for over one hundred years starting in 1770.  I noticed at the gift shop (gift shop?!?!) they have one of my favorite items to buy anywhere in the world---postcards:-).  Hee hee, those of you who know who you are, be expecting one:-). 

2 comments: