I'm loving it.
Last night I was sharing with a group of women about my past week of real, deep, hearty rest. And what I have noticed is because I am giving myself this time to think, pray, do nothing, relax, go for walks, visit friend's on occasion, watch movies it really is helping to strengthen a muscle I do not typically, naturally use:-). The muscle of preparing for my future. My natural line of thinking into the future is maybe 6 months out. My husband on the other hand is preparing for retirement, thinks about it, talks about it, plans for it. I am sincerely just working on my day, my week and then I'm done. BUT in this rest, I find myself caring for the person inside of me, the one that God has designed to look like Him, and I find myself wanting to take care of that woman. I want to care for that woman down the road, like one a year out and more:-). I have to live with her. I want to have listened to her. It's too important not to. So I am learning to.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment