2014

2014

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gone away is appropriate timing:-).

Ess Gee--"I can't believe you are making a cake right now."  Said at 10:00 pm tonight.
Me--"Ess Gee, Genius doesn't wait for the sun to rise, or the night to fall.  Genius happens on it's own time."
I say this as I am making a new Chocolate Flourless Cake recipe while in my pajamas. 
  But he's one to talk.  Just one hour ago, he had us take off the wooden door to our storage area on the outside of our house, so he could shave off 1/8th of an inch because it was sticking due to swelling and the weather.  We are out there in the dark with a flashlight, two recycle bins as our horses to lay the door across, and a super long extension cord with circular saw attached.  I'd rather be inside, licking two chocolate battered beaters at 10:15 pm any night, over saw dust and bugs bumping into our heads wondering what the heck are we doing out there that late at night.  Like I said though, genius doesn't wait for anyone:-).  We also got the genius idea yesterday to go out to Asheville tomorrow and stay for the weekend.  Mountain biking and hiking.  And chocolate cake.  Perfect weekend if you ask me!!!

1 comment:

  1. I must have gotten this from you. I was experimenting with pumpkin bread (mostly by using roasted butternut squash) the other night at 9:00. :-) We should have a midnight bake sale!

    ReplyDelete