Thursday, July 1, 2010
It's just where I'm at.
The question I threw out there to the universe today was this...how do you get back to being Husband and Wife, when you get tossed into the craziness of being Daddy and Mama? I want that for my friend's who have kids, or are thinking of having kids. I want wives to feel sexy, womanly, attractive, and I want their husbands to help in creating that for them even if they have seven kids, a dog and a two cats. Yes, yes, I know, I know, women do not need a man to help them feel appreciated, sexy, etc., BUT when you are in a marriage a husband cultivating those feelings is majorly appreciated, and majorly helpful. And it's not a one-sided deal, wives encouraging a husband in his husbandriness (a new word;-))/manliness, well, one can imagine that it makes him feel thankful, too. This all comes up because Ess Gee and I have decided to watch two munchkin's on Saturday night to help out a dear couple we know who may not get much couple time. I think that's what scares me about being a parent. Forgetting who we are as a wife, as a woman, and only becoming a one-dimensional mother. But I see too, how I cramp myself into, again, an either/or scenario. You are either a sexy wife, or a tired mother, and I see how I'm not able to mesh the two...like being a mother is sexy:-). I'm not there yet. Maybe one day:-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment