Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Funeral Songs.
This is probably far too in advance for my own good, but I do tell Ess Gee that I want a party at my funeral. Not for the typical reasons one might think of to celebrate at a funeral, ie. I'm with Jesus Forever stuff, I'm living in a mansion behind pearly gates stuff, I'm permanently made a harmonious singer in the gospel choir for the Lord stuff. [Honestly, I give very little thought to heaven. Minus what I imagine eating all the time without any repercussions. Cake frosting.] I have decided to keep a running list of most fun songs that should be played loudly at my funeral--simply because these songs need to be heard with my personality in mind, my friendship's in mind, my delight in a good time in mind, and my delight in a good time with the people I love (or have loved) in mind (most importantly). Katrina and The Waves--Walking on Sunshine. Manfred Mann--Blinded by the Light. Okay, it's just two so far, but really, you could put these on repeat and then go home knowing you were loved by me and remembering we only live once, so make it a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment